Additional sub-categories?

sounds like a good start to me.

I’ve created the subcategories suggested by @citrullin this morning.

Maybe this topic is relevant to be commented here? :slight_smile:

Is there an opinion on creating a “job offers” subcategory, or something similar?

Background: I am regularly contacted by people (from industry and academia) with RIOT-related job offers they wish to advertise to the community. It could be useful if there was a venue for such offers?

Good idea! I guess this speaks more and more for additional sub-categories within the “Community” category.

I think that this is a useful thing.

2 Likes

Ohh yeah, let’s have a job offers category. Question is just: Where should we put it into? Community might be a good place, I guess. Or maybe it makes sense to have a top category for this, in order to give this a more prominent place. What do you think?

[my email reply doesn’t work, so answer via web ui]

+1 for Community->Job Offers

+1 for Community->Job Offers

cheers matthias

Would it make sense to add an extra subcategory to “Development” called “Other” or “Miscellaneous” ? Because for example, if I have a question about a specific test, currently there is no category where that would fit.

Wouldn’t a question go into the “Help” category anyways :sweat_smile:?

Okay miri64, You’re right… but that wasn’t really the point :slight_smile: Let’s say I want to discuss a topic that is related to a test, or to an example-program, or to RIOT usage in general, or to the buildsystem, or…

They would all fit under Development, but currently there is no category for it.

EDIT: I just noticed that you can also open topics in the main category, without specifying a subcategory. Didn’t know that. My bad! :slight_smile:

I thought about that too. Not everyone is aware of the internal structure. So, I think it is better to have flat categories for help in order to not force people to pick a category they might not be familiar with. But tags will help in that scenario.

Job Offers implies people looking for help. Does the category also permit Offers of Help?

I think a job offer is something entirely different than someone asking for help.

Looking for help: “Hey, I’m currently using RIOT-OS to build a Delorean, but I’m getting the following error at compile time: Error: flux capacitor not found. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?”

Job offer: “Hi, we at Thisaweseomecompany are looking for someone to help us build the space ship of the future. Knowledge of C and RIOT-OS is required. Speaking Klingon is a plus. We offer you a company-tricycle, 200k/month and unlimited bananas at the office.”.

I’m in!

I think Job Offers could be a sub-category of the Community category.