WolfMQTT pkg RIOT porting

I’m porting wolfMQTT into our lovely RIOT OS. Regarding this I stumbled around an issue when building an example that uses this package.

/home/user/sourceCode/riot/pkg/pkg.mk:115: warning: overriding recipe for target ‘/home/user/sourceCode/riot/build/pkg/wolf-mqtt’ /home/user/sourceCode/riot/pkg/pkg.mk:107: warning: ignoring old recipe for target ‘/home/user/sourceCode/riot/build/pkg/wolf-mqtt’ /home/user/sourceCode/riot/pkg/pkg.mk:120: warning: overriding recipe for target ‘/home/user/sourceCode/riot/build/pkg/wolf-mqtt’ /home/user/sourceCode/riot/pkg/pkg.mk:115: warning: ignoring old recipe for target ‘/home/user/sourceCode/riot/build/pkg/wolf-mqtt’ make[1]: *** /home/user/sourceCode/riot/build/pkg/wolf-mqtt: Is a directory. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/user/sourceCode/riot/pkg/wolf-mqtt’ /home/user/sourceCode/riot/examples/wolf-MQTT/…/…/Makefile.include:676: recipe for target ‘pkg-build-wolf-mqtt’ failed

Maybe someone has already seen this problem in another time adding a package…Do you know how to fix it?

Hard to tell without looking at the code. Do you have branch somewhere ?

Thanks Alex, could you give a look please?

I could make it build: https://github.com/aabadie/RIOT/tree/pkg_wolfMQTT The branch is based on yours.

I don’t know if it works btw but that was already a good start :slight_smile:

I think the - character in the package name was an issue, among other things. I renamed the package and application to wolfMQTT, using the same as the upstream repo.

1 Like

Thanks Alex! :slight_smile: