Unable to ping gnrc_border_router using Zolertia RE-Mote

Hi RIOTers!,

I am unable to ping gnrc_border_router using Zolertia RE-Mote.

Following is the output of my system terminal.

Hi, I already answered this mail on the devel-mailinglist, but just to be complete and for people only reading the users-archive:

looks like you only got the ethos interface running. Did you include and configure the radio driver (question to the list: is the radio driver for the cc2538 already merged yet, wasn’t able to find it :/)? Nevertheless you should be able to ping the ethos interface. Try ping6 -I tap0 fe80::202:f8ff:fe70:f121 or ping6 fe80::202:f8ff:fe70:f121%tap0 (depends on your ping6 version) on your Linux machine.

Cheers, Martine

Thanks Martine.

Now I am able to ping border router from Linux system. Before I was trying to ping global ipv6 address 2001:db8::202:f8ff:fe70:f121. Just would like to know that when boarder router gets global ipv6 address.

Hi Suman,

Just would like to know that when boarder router gets global ipv6 address.

The way uhcpd is configured at the moment is, that the radio interface is getting the global address. Your border router currently only has a wired interface (the one that goes over your serial interface). You need to include the network device driver for the cc2538’s radio device (if you can find it; I wasn’t able to, so I’m not sure we already have support for that/a preliminary version of the driver in the PRs).

Cheers, Martine

Hi Martine,

Thanks for valuable inputs. I will look into it.

Regards,

Suman