Unable to compile in native

Hi, First time with RIOT Trying to make in native but keep getting following error though I have tried to resolve all build chain dependencies on host

"make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/boards/native "make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/boards/native/drivers "make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/core "make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native cc1: warnings being treated as errors In file included from /home/riot/RIOT/sys/include/net/ethernet/hdr.h:27,                  from /home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native/include/netdev2_tap.h:30,                  from /home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native/native_cpu.c:53: /home/riot/RIOT/core/include/byteorder.h: In function ‘byteorder_swaps’: /home/riot/RIOT/core/include/byteorder.h:288: error: implicit declaration of function ‘__builtin_bswap16’ make[2]: *** [/home/riot/RIOT/examples/default/bin/native/cpu/native_cpu.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [ALL--/home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2

Please advice where I'm going wrong.

Thanks, Suvrat

Hey Suvrat,

First time with RIOT

Welcome!

make: *** [all] Error 2

Please advice where I'm going wrong.

We'll need more information. What toolchain are you using (please send the output of "gcc -v"), and which distribution are you using?

Kaspar

Hi

gcc -v Using built-in specs. Target: x86_64-linux-gnu Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.7-8ubuntu1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.4 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.4 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --disable-libmudflap --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu Thread model: posix gcc version 4.4.7 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.7-8ubuntu1)

Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS Release: 14.04 Codename: trusty

Native compile does not go through. I keep getting following error

"make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/boards/native "make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/boards/native/drivers "make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/core "make" -C /home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native cc1: warnings being treated as errors In file included from /home/riot/RIOT/sys/include/net/ethernet/hdr.h:27,                  from /home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native/include/netdev2_tap.h:30,                  from /home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native/native_cpu.c:53: /home/riot/RIOT/core/include/byteorder.h: In function ‘byteorder_swaps’: /home/riot/RIOT/core/include/byteorder.h:288: error: implicit declaration of function ‘__builtin_bswap16’ make[2]: *** [/home/riot/RIOT/examples/default/bin/native/cpu/native_cpu.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [ALL--/home/riot/RIOT/cpu/native] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2

Please advice. Thanks, Suvrat

Hello Suvrat,

My guess is that your gcc version is too old. According to [1], the `__builtin_bswap16` function was introducedwith gcc version 4.8 for x86(_64).

Coud you try updating your gcc?

Best, Cenk

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=52624

I already had gcc-4.8.2 so I just changed the soft links via ln But now I am getting the following error "Compiler cc is required but not found in PATH. Aborting." I tried understanding the particular line in makefile but it does not make sense to me.

sudo apt-get install gcc does not help

gcc -v yields the following gcc -v Using built-in specs. COLLECT_GCC=gcc COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/lto-wrapper Target: x86_64-linux-gnu Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.8 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.8 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libmudflap --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64 --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu Thread model: posix gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04)

Sorry to bug you guys with this.

Suvrat