Support for Nordic nRF2401 RF Transceivers.

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone been using nRF2401A already in their project ?

I don’ t see it currently supported in RIOT. I am starting to work with it and if any one else is already working on it, do let me know. A head start will be great :slight_smile:

https://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/2.4GHz-RF/nRF2401A

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra

Hi Rakendra,

and welcome to RIOT! I think no one used the nRF2401A. We only have (low-level) support for the nRF24L01+. Also note Nordics recommendation: " This product is not recommended for new designs. Nordic recommends the nRF24L01+ or for a System-on-Chip solution either the Nordic nRF24LE1 or nRF24LU1+."

Why do you need the “A” version? What’s the benefit?

Best, Peter

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply and pointing out the difference. Will take care of this detail while buying these. (I don’t think nRF2401A will even be available now)

So, RIOT-OS does have low level support for nRF120 transceiver boards. Is it ? That will be helpful to get started.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra

Hi Rakendra,

I didn’t find informations about “nRF120 transceiver boards”, could you provide a link? Anyway, we don’t have support for that board.

Regarding the nRF24L01+ you can find the driver here: and a small test here: Note that it is currently just low-level support. Did you check if there is other hardware support in RIOT that might fulfil your requirements? Best, Peter

Oh Sorry for the typo. I was referring to the same nRF24L01+ Transceiver module.

And thanks for guiding to the available driver and the test. I already got the modules today, will try them out first.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rakendra

Hi Rakendra,

just a short note from my personal experience. Don't mix these cheap chinese modules. I got a bunch of them (PCB antenna, external antenna, black, green, ...) and in some configuration I couldn't get them to interact. Turns out those are (all?) counterfeit products that have different silicon inside. So if you run into problems, first make sure you use all the same modules in your setup.

Cheers, Daniel

Sure Daniel. I will keep this important point in mind.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra