Specific examples for platforms

Hello,

I'm coding some examples for the chronos platform and I wonder where is a good place to put them, as they have sense only for one platform.

In Contiki there is a directory under "platform" (equivalent to "board" for RIOT) named "apps". Or it would be better to place at /examples and add "BOARD_WHITELIST := chronos" (Oleg's idea) ?

BR, Joaqu�n.

Hi Joaqu�n,

I'm coding some examples for the chronos platform and I wonder where is a good place to put them, as they have sense only for one platform.

In Contiki there is a directory under "platform" (equivalent to "board" for RIOT) named "apps". Or it would be better to place at /examples and add "BOARD_WHITELIST := chronos" (Oleg's idea) ?

In general I'd also do it like this. Our /examples directory was supposed to only contain a very few select examples, though. The reason for this is simply that we want our code to always be in a working condition. Having more applications means more maintenance in case of changes.

If you're only writing the applications for yourself, you can just put them in their own repository and use an external RIOT repository. In my applications repository (GitHub - LudwigKnuepfer/riot-tools: Tools for RIOT) I just expect the RIOT repository to reside in the same parent directory..

If you want to contribute some more interesting example code for the chronos board to ship with RIOT, I'd suggest you condense it into one single application and name it accordingly.

If that does not make sense and there is an agreement that we want to ship more example applications, I'd still prefer to create board subdirectories in examples over application directories per board.

Cheers, Ludwig