Running individual tests only from unittests/

Hey,

I've just ported our unittests for cbor to the new unittesting infrastructure in tests/unittests.

Also see: https://github.com/krf/RIOT/commit/e7626e14c734a17d0e574cbf92adc0c6f2a33135

My question: Is there an easy way to be able to just run our tests? I.e. tests-cbor in this case? I think it would be quite helpful to run them individually without having to recompile the unittests target.

E.g. by specifying tests-cbor via the command-line. Something along: $ unittests.elf -test tests-cbor

Greets

Hi,

you need to specify the tests to run at compile time, because other boards than native don't have command line arguments. Use

tests/unittests$ make clean tests-cbor   tests/unittests$ make term

Or replace "tests-cbor" with any test suite you want to run. You can specify multiple test suites, too.

Hope this is helpful. :slight_smile: René

Hi,

My question: Is there an easy way to be able to just run our tests? I.e. tests-cbor in this case? I think it would be quite helpful to run them individually without having to recompile the unittests target.

E.g. by specifying tests-cbor via the command-line. Something along: $ unittests.elf -test tests-cbor

From Testing RIOT · RIOT-OS/RIOT Wiki · GitHub via

tests/unittests/README.md:

If there are tests for a module you even can build tests specifically for this module:

make tests-<module>
# e.g.
make tests-core

Cheers, Ludwig