Running CC110x driver on new platform.

Hi everyone,

I would like to run CC1101 transceiver on my custom board. I have already written all necessary peripherals drivers like usart, lpm, timers, spi, gpio and so on. I tested them using build in tests and run few of my testings programs.

My question is how to run a sample program utilizing the CC1101? I was analyzing the driver (btw basing on it I am writing CC1125 driver), it's API, but still making a simple program managing 6LoWPAN stack and transceiver is hard for me. My aim is to build a small testing mesh.

Hey Mateusz,

My question is how to run a sample program utilizing the CC1101? I was analyzing the driver (btw basing on it I am writing CC1125 driver), it's API, but still making a simple program managing 6LoWPAN stack and transceiver is hard for me. My aim is to build a small testing mesh.

It should suffice to create a file "cc110x_params.h" with the correct SPI/pin parameters and put it in your include path, then add "USEMODULE += cc110x gnrc_netdev2 gnrc_cc110x" to your makefile, in addition to the other gnrc modules. I use gnrc_networking as a base and just add those modules.

Check "boards/msba2/include/cc110x_params.h" for an example parameters file, but make sure to adjust the settings.

Last time I tried there was a problem with 6lowpan IP header compression, so if you can't communicate between nodes using IPv6, try disabling iphc (by adding "DISABLE_MODULE += gnrc_sixlowpan_iphc" to the application's Makefile).

Have fun! Kaspar