Removed Driver

Hi all, I want to ask why the ltc4150 driver was removed( I will need to use it and I would like to know if I should do any modifications on the existing code for the ltc4150). Or is there any other new driver supported by RIOT for coulomb counting or voltage meter? Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Ilias Seitanidis

Hi Ilias,

I want to ask why the ltc4150 driver was removed( I will need to use it and I would like to know if I should do any modifications on the existing code for the ltc4150). Or is there any other new driver supported by RIOT for coulomb counting or voltage meter?

We've removed the driver (you've seen the PR: [1] ?) because it was not using our periph-based hardware abstraction, didn't even have an implementation for the needed board-specific code and had several other code quality issues, and noone found the time to fix it.

We'd be happy to see an updated version!

Cheers, Kaspar

[1] drivers: remove outdated ltc4150 driver by haukepetersen · Pull Request #6591 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub

Ok, the code removed is totaly useless or are there any parts that I can use?(Just a question before I go over the datasheet of the ltc4150). I will try to fix it as soon as possible, I dont know if there should also be a PR, because with the ltc4150 device we can estimate the battery level of a RIOT device, which seems important on IoT.

Best, Ilias