Recomendations for PLC like hardware to port RIOT to

Occasionally I need PLC like hardware, but that brings with it the pain of programming in ladder logic (or similar) and proprietary toolchains. What I really want is the PLC hardware and enough of a schematic that I can port RIOT to it. I have been on the lookout for such hardware for years, but turned up nothing. I had really hoped that the Arduino backed PLC would finally be my answer, but when it was released it seems like it is just another PLC.

Anybody aware of any thing like this that can be purchased?

Ideally, I’m looking for something commercially available that can work with 24 volt DC I/O. Mains or 24 volt DC powered. Includes an enclosure appropriate for an industrial environment, maybe DIN rail mountable.

I see industrial PCs and HMIs geared toward running embedded Linux, but not anything appropriate for an RTOS. I’m hoping somebody else in the community has seen such a device.

Here is an example of a piece of hardware I’ve looked are reverse engineering to run RIOT. I’ve pulled one of their products apart and found an STM32 Cortex-M based MCU inside, but I’d much rather have the support of the manufacture before reversing something.

I won’t say I’m advanced in that direction, but I think I know what you want, as I’m thinking along the same lines. What about Astra ? https://www.amazon.com/controller-microcontroller-BR4A4AL-internal-antenna/dp/B0BCJZVNRH?th=1

Thanks for the recommendation. Looks promising.

If anyone else is interested, I found this hardware from Industrial Sheilds. They are programmed using the Arduino IDE, and provide libraries for accessing the PLC’s IO. I have reached out to get more info. If I wind up buying one, I will add a board port to RIOT for their devices.

Thanks for the reference. A bit pricey though. I plan to use Astra and eletech ES32A08 as I need some 0-10V IN/OUT and I don’t need front cover. Anyone interested in Riot port on Astra ? Or the original T-display ? Still using Arduino IDE on Windows for now, but I’m planning to move to sth more “serious”.