RE - Tutorial "How to port a radio module driver to RIOT OS"

Hi Neo,

I’m really interested to this topic because i need to do it too for the OpenMote board. Where we could find your tutorial?

Hello Alessandro, I just started writing the tutorial some minutes ago and my plans are to add parts day by day…so - don’t have too big expectations at the moment…it will grow :wink:

You can find it starting from here …

Best regards, Neo

Hi Neo,

great! Many thanks for the initiative, it might be pretty helpful for others. Just asking: Do you actually intend to write a radio driver? If so, which one is it :-)?

Cheers Peter

Hi,

I'm really interested to this topic because i need to do it too for the OpenMote board.

There's a fairly comprehensive tutorial on how to do this for the OpenMote here[1] already :wink:

[1] cpu/cc2538: Add RF driver by aeneby · Pull Request #5291 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub

/Aaron

Hi Aaron!

Hi,

There's a fairly comprehensive tutorial on how to do this for the OpenMote here[1] already :wink:

[1] cpu/cc2538: Add RF driver by aeneby · Pull Request #5291 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub

Maybe I miss something, but I was unable to find a tutorial in there.

I was kidding. Just wanted to make sure nobody spends too much valuable time on porting a driver which already exists.

I support the tutorial initiative though, it's a great idea and I'll be happy to contribute to it with what I learned along the way.

/Aaron

Hi Peter, yes I'm working on a radio driver and I hope that it will be finished soon - it's a driver for the Microchip MRF24J40.

Cheers, Neo

Hi Neo,

surprise :-)! Do you reuse code that has already been available in a closed PR??

Regards Peter