Question about example/gcoap libcoap

Hello, RIOT users,

I have two questions about example/gcoap.

In the README.md, ## Example Use explains that “This example uses gcoap as a server on RIOT native. Then we send a request from a libcoap example client on the Linux host.” So I downloaded the libcoap-develop.zip, unpacked it then tried to make it.

I refered to the URL “https://github.com/obgm/libcoap” to download libcoap-develop.zip that is written in the /pkg/libcoap/Makefile.

To make libcoap, I operate the steps as following,

$ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure $ make

The last operation “make” output a error message “** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.”

Question 1: Are the URL “https://github.com/obgm/libcoap” and the downloaded file “libcoap-develop.zip” correct to test libcoap example client on the Linux host ?. Question 2: If the downloaded file is correct, why does “make” operation fail ?.

Yes, you downloaded the correct file. The goal for the gcoap README is to build the coap-client and coap-server examples in the libcoap examples directory.

I ran through the same build steps on my Ubuntu laptop, but I don't see an error message at the end of the 'make' command. I was then able to run the libcoap examples. Are you sure all of the steps worked correctly? Really this is a question for the libcoap project. Then we'd be happy to help use it with gcoap. :slight_smile:

Ken Bannister

Hello Mr.Bannister,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I checked operation steps again, found the second step “./configure” outputs a error message. Now I changed the second operation to “./configure --disable-manpages” that make correctly and do not output any errors.

It was a easy mistake I overlooked the error message. Thank you for noticing it and providing good avdices.

Regards, DiceK Bear.

2019年10月4日(金) 21:27 <kb2ma@runbox.com>:

To make libcoap, I operate the steps as following,

> $ ./autogen.sh     > $ ./configure

you would have to show up the message you got at this point. there is likely an error or mising dependancy.

Hello, Mr.Richardson,

you would have to show up the message you got at this point. there is likely an error or mising dependancy.

Yes. You are right. The following are output messages.

$./autogen.sh