Quectel module

Is anyone out there using a Quectel module with RIOT? I am particularly interested in the BG96.

Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken,

Is anyone out there using a Quectel module with RIOT? I am particularly interested in the BG96.

I have no experience with RIOT on this module, but we have a board with the chip in our office. However, I have only used the preflashed software so far. IIRC the documentation/datasheet situation was not particular good for the chip, but maybe you know better. Any pointers would be appreciated (though I cannot promise to find any time for that).

Cheers Oleg

Hi Ken,

Hi! I’m very interested on this kind of development. I did some developments using the BG95 module from quectel and I’d like to use this module with RIOT-OS.

I’m new here and I’d like to know if there is a cellular modems drivers already implemented into the riot-os.

Hi Rafael,

welcome to RIOT! :slight_smile:

On Fri, Jun 03, 2022 at 08:14:50AM +0000, Rafael Dias Menezes via RIOT wrote:

I’m very interested on this kind of development. I did some developments using the BG95 module from quectel and I’d like to use this module with RIOT-OS.

I’m new here and I’d like to know if there is a cellular modems drivers already implemented into the riot-os.

I played around for a couple of days with the BG95 and RIOT a couple of years ago, but didn’t pushed anything upstream. If I remember correctly, the module provides a (badly documented) AT interface, so I used RIOT’s AT command set library (AT (Hayes) command set library).

I think Leandro (@leandrolanzieri) worked on a AT integration for the GNRC network stack IIRC, but I do not know the current state.

Cheers Oleg

/*

• Should be panic but… (Why are BSD people panic obsessed ??) */ linux-2.0.38/net/ipv4/ip_fw.c

I agree, BG95 documentation is very bag. I was playing with it last week and we found a lot of issues on some AT commands. We requested some support from quectel, they send a update firmware package and my modem is dead since it.

Last year I did a modem SIM7000 driver to zephyr rtos and it worked very fine. The zephyrproject has a very good cellular modem support, with socket layer and etc. I didn’t found this kind of implementation at the RIOT implementation yet…

Well, I have to read the documentation. hehehe