Problem with flashing arduino_hello-world example (native and esp8266-esp-12x)

Description:

I perform the make flash term command in order to run the arduino_hello-world example (RIOT/examples/arduino_hello-world at master · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub). Unfortunately I get an error related to the init.c file in RIOT/core/lib/init.c path as explained below. Moreover, later on I want to flash an Arduino code into my NodeMCU V3 ESP8266 ESP-12E, is it possible to flash arduino code with RIOT in a esp8266-esp-12x board?

Steps

Clone the RIOT repository and then run

make flash term

command. The error is :

make" -C /home/muge/Desktop/RIOT/sys/auto_init
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/11/../../../../lib32/crt1.o: in function `_start': (.text+0x22): undefined reference to `main'
/usr/bin/ld: /...../..../..../RIOT/examples/helloforard-/bin/native/core_lib/init.o: in function `main_trampoline': /..../..../..../RIOT/core/lib/init.c:58: undefined reference to `main'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/..../..../..../RIOT/examples/helloforard-/../../Makefile.include:729: >/.../..../.../RIOT/examples/helloforard-/bin/native/arduino_hello-world.elf] Error 1

I am stuck with that problem, I hope you can help.

Versions

Hi, what is in examples/helloforard-?

Can you build examples/hello-world?

Hello, It is the same with the example in RIOT/tree/master/examples/arduino_hello-world. I can built hello-world no problem, it even shows the output on pyterm but with the arduino_hello-world example it is given the error above.

Thanks in advance, Müge