Posix Sockets problem

Hi all,

Thanks for the recent release ! It’s nice and a good job !

But I have a problem with the posix_sockets example. I try to use it to send messages from one node to another using udp, but the udp server is only receiving the first 28 messages, after that no more message is received. Does it happen for other people too ? Does anyone have an idea about why it happens ?

Thanks for your help, Caroline

Caroline,

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for the recent release ! It's nice and a good job !

Thanks for the nice words!

But I have a problem with the posix_sockets example. I try to use it to send messages from one node to another using udp, but the udp server is only receiving the first 28 messages, after that no more message is received. Does it happen for other people too ? Does anyone have an idea about why it happens ?

Right now, I have no idea what could go wrong. In fact, I could successfully run experiments over 7 days with 10,000 pings. Which hardware are you using? Have you checked if you experience the same problem without POSIX sockets, e.g. using the gnrc_networking example?

Cheers, Oleg

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your answer,

I am currently using posix-sockets in native with desvirt to create my network's topology. I don't think I had the same problem with gnrc_networking (without POSIX sockets) but I decided to use POSIX sockets to receive the udp payload in the application's thread and be able to print it or do extra calculations with it. Are you using POSIX sockets too or the gnrc_networking example ?

Cheers,

Caroline QUEVA Research Engineer at CEA-LIST DRT/LIST/DACLE/LIALP Laboratoire Infrastructures et Ateliers pour le Logiciel sur Puces

Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives MINATEC Campus | 17 rue des Martyrs | 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9

Caroline,

I don't think I had the same problem with gnrc_networking (without POSIX sockets) but I decided to use POSIX sockets to receive the udp payload in the application's thread and be able to print it or do extra calculations with it. Are you using POSIX sockets too or the gnrc_networking example ?

I'm using gnrc_networking. You could try to use the conn_api and see if the problem persists. It should give you a very similar interface for the application as POSIX sockets do.

Cheers, Oleg