packet format of ccn-lite in RIOT

HI,

I noticed the ccn-lite version in RIOT is ccnb based. Latest ccn-lite supports TLV format. Is there a version of RIOT which contain the ccn-lite modular with TLV format?

Or, is it OK to port the TLV version of ccn-lite to RIOT?

Thanks,

Xili

Hi Xili,

Indeed, the version of CCN-lite supported in RIOT so far is 0.8 if I remember correctly. Porting the most recent version of CCN-lite was planned, but not acted upon so far to my knowledge, due to lack of manpower. I think the main ideas were to:

• import CCN-lite as a third-party package, to facilitate synch with CCN-lite updates
  • plug CCN-lite via the netapi interface, to interact in a flexible manner with lower layers in RIOT

If you would like to go ahead with the port, let us know, it would be great. In this case let’s discuss the best way to go about it to fit the latest developments of RIOT network stack, generic interfaces etc. such as the two above suggestions.

Best,

Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel,

Based on my understanding of the source code of RIOT, the current ccn-lite module in RIOT is plugged via the netapi interface, so do you think there is something in the newer release that will make it not work on riot? what is it?

Or are you taking about a better long term way (the first option you mentioned ) of supporting ccn-lite evolution with RIOT?

Xili

Hi Xili

Hi Emmanuel,

Based on my understanding of the source code of RIOT, the current ccn-lite module in RIOT is plugged via the netapi interface, so do you think there is something in the newer release that will make it not work on riot? what is it?

Where did you see this in the code? The ccn-lite module is not plugged in via netapi so far (unless you are talking about a branch I am not aware of). So this is still to do.

Or are you taking about a better long term way (the first option you mentioned ) of supporting ccn-lite evolution with RIOT?

This is independent of using netapi. Since ccn-lite seems to be maintained (which was not the case last year) it makes sense to synch with their code base and thus to go for a package import approach (see RIOT/pkg directory for examples of this approach).

Emmanuel