OpenTech Summit

Hey everyone,

the people from OpenTech Summit (May 14th in Berlin) are still looking for speakers. While the website doesn’t really state that yet, I’ve been told that they are looking for people talking about IoT as well. Just wanted to put it out there in case RIOT wants to make an appearance :slight_smile:

Cheers, Lucas

Forgot the link, sorry: http://opentechsummit.net/

Hi Lucas,

looks like a good opportunity. Do you know the organizers? To propose a talk on RIOT, should we just use the online form, or should we first contact someone in particular (one of the organizers you might happen to know)? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dndjx3taPB8S99vSZgjtjkOwWVMkLD-irTDgPqpUwcw/viewform

best,

Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel,

unfortunately no, I don’t know the organizers, at least not directly (i.e. I know someone who knows someone… :D). I’ll try to get in touch with them though, and report back here as soon as I hear something!

@Matthias: I’m not completely opposed to the idea, but think that since I haven’t been in the RIOT community for long, there are others that can probably represent it much better!

I’ve been told that Lotte was thinking about speaking about RIOT on the Open Techschool conf in summer. Maybe she’d be interested in spreading the RIOT at OpenTech Summit too :slight_smile:

Cheers, Lucas

Hi Emmanuel,

unfortunately no, I don’t know the organizers, at least not directly (i.e. I know someone who knows someone… :D). I’ll try to get in touch with them though, and report back here as soon as I hear something!

@Matthias: I’m not completely opposed to the idea, but think that since I haven’t been in the RIOT community for long, there are others that can probably represent it much better!

I’ve been told that Lotte was thinking about speaking about RIOT on the Open Techschool conf in summer. Maybe she’d be interested in spreading the RIOT at OpenTech Summit too :slight_smile:

Correction: A friend of mine is a co-organizer of the opentechschool conf and asked me to think about submitting a RIOT talk when they're re ready to accept submissions (afaik the call for submissions isn't out yet). Apparently I miscommunicated something wrongly to Lucas there, I didn't intend to sneak talks past you folks in case that's the impression now. :smiley:

Cheers, Lotte

Hi Lotte, Lucas

Hi,

We’ve amassed some slide decks from Oleg during our preparation for grenoble, I’ think they’ll be a great help. :slight_smile: If nobody is against it, I’d like to try and submit a Talk for the OpenTech summit. I’m pondering a bit over the “spin” to make a RIOT talk fit in with the general direction of the event, so if anybody has a cool idea, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Lotte