Nucleo Storage Rack

I recently made a storage rack for Nucleo development boards for @bergzand.

I was asked to share it with the rest of the community. So feel free to use it.
The DIN rail mount is left as an exercise to the reader.

7 Likes

Very nice, I think it might also interest @fjmolinas.

Super cool thanks!

Really useful thing!

I set up one in my office, really cleans up my desk! I’ll have to get more and do something similar for other form factors.

1 Like

It is nice to see that these get more use. I would appreciate a picture.

If you have any suggestions for improvements feel free to let me know.

1 Like

It’s pretty nice, small feedback so far:

• The last level is a bit short => in that I can’t fit a BOARD with an expansion-board for example
  • Or the last lever could be see-through (like only have the external wireframe)

Other than that I guess my dream wish would be to have something where I can easily fit more form-factors (not only nucleo BOARDS), but that starts to be hard to design since all BOARD’s have different form factors, but I think I might try to simply print som sheets with the whole for those form-factors and then fit them into the rack space… see how that works and then maybe start building a collection of those.

That shouldn’t be too hard if you parametrize the model. One design would then allow form factors you can imagine.

I have had a discussion about multiple form factors. I could change the tower, to allow for a tower for a different board. But that would still be limited. A different suggestion that I got was to use the arduino mounting holes that are present in a lot of boards.

What boards are you using? I might have some that I can test with.

1 Like

Yeah, that is somehow what I was thinking, just having slates that would fit in the same rack and on those just put the whole for Arduino boards, Microchip, etc.

I have a lot of different BOARDs, I don’t expect to fit all of them, but for info:

arduino-uno arduino-zero atmega256rfr2-xpro b-l072z-lrwan1 dwm1001 ek-lm4f120xl frdm-k64f i-nucleo-lrwan1 nrf52dk nucleo-f030r8 nucleo-f091rc nucleo-f103rb nucleo-f207zg nucleo-f303k8 nucleo-f303re nucleo-f334r8 nucleo-f446re nucleo-f767zi nucleo-g071rb nucleo-g474re nucleo-l073rz nucleo-l152re nucleo-l433rc nucleo-l452re nucleo-l496zg nucleo-l4r5zi openmote-b p-nucleo-wb55 pba-d-01-kw2x samr21-xpro slstk3402a z1

PS: sorry it took me so long to answer, was distracted when writing the answer and then completely forgot.

No problems,

Slates? What do you mean? Like bracket to put the board in to put in in the rack? Because that would be an option.

I will take a look at the boards, and see what I can do.
Some of those boards would probably fit in the current rack I think.

Slates? What do you mean? Like bracket to put the board in to put in in the rack? Because that would be an option.

I mean a single plane where you would fix the BOARDs, and that plane would roughly have the size of a Nucleo BOARD. So you would have a base shit/slate/plane that is the size of a Nucleo BOARD, and therefore you can fit it on the rack, and on that slate, you would make mounting holes for different BOARDs, e.g.: Arduino mounting holes. Not sure if this is clear, I’ll try to find time to make a 3d drawing of one as an example.