Notifications and commits mailing lists

Dear reading IOTlers,

apparently the mailing lists for GitHub notifications (notifications@riot-os.org and commits@riot-os.org) were broken for quite some time but I only realized that today. Since no-one has complained during the recent weeks I assume that no-one cares for these lists anyway and just disabled them completely. If this assumption was wrong, please be vocal!

Cheers Oleg

At least I was using notifications@riot-os.org. Helps with getting a broad overview over the activities over at GitHub. As to why I was not complaining: I simply did not realize there was a problem. Sure, sometimes mails came in a little later, but since I mix the mails from that mailing list with my normal notification mails from GitHub, it isn’t that much of a hindrance for me.

As I said, it is more of a commodity to me than something I actively need, but I might become a bit more blindsighted by the deactivation (which I am anyway if like in more stressful times like these I mark all GitHub notification mails automatically as read anyway).

Hey Martine,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 06:05:59PM +0000, Martine S. Lenders via RIOT wrote:

At least I was using notifications@riot-os.org. Helps with getting a broad overview over the activities over at GitHub. As to why I was not complaining: I simply did not realize there was a problem. Sure, sometimes mails came in a little later, but since I mix the mails from that mailing list with my normal notification mails from GitHub, it isn’t that much of a hindrance for me.

I can re-activate the mailing list again, if you like. Shouldn’t be a big deal I guess. However, what I would love to do anyway would be deleting the mailing list’s archive. I think this is rather pointless for such a list anyway.

Fun thing is, I’ve actually couldn’t figure out which GitHub configuration is triggering the mails in the first place… So, what I did was just deleting the forwarder…

Cheers Oleg

Everybody loves MitM jokes. Well, everybody except Alice and Bob that is.

Hey,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 06:16:53PM +0000, Oleg Hahm via RIOT wrote:

I can re-activate the mailing list again, if you like. Shouldn’t be a big deal I guess. However, what I would love to do anyway would be deleting the mailing list’s archive. I think this is rather pointless for such a list anyway.

I reactivated the notifications list, but not the commits list (yet?).

Cheers Oleg

The bad thing about HTML DOM jokes is that everyone has their own interpretations, so you have to tell them 9000 different ways.

1 Like

Fully agree.

Heads-up for people using filters to sort their mails: The List-Id of the notifications list changed from <notifications.riot-os.org> to <notifications.lists.riot-os.org>.