NFC & Atmel AT86RF232B

Hi all,

Does somebody is working on a RIOT NFC device driver ? and the ATMEL sub-G AT86RF212B driver ?

Joël

I think the at86rf231 driver works with the 212B or will otherwise require minimal changes. I have not tested it but anticipate using it. In the linux kernel they are both supported in the same file.

Craig Younkins

Hello,

I think the at86rf231 driver works with the 212B or will otherwise require minimal changes. I have not tested it but anticipate using it. In the linux kernel they are both supported in the same file.

Yes, the AT86RF212B works with the at86rf231 driver. The driver is undergoing some work right now, see Extended radio api and AT86RF231 implementation by rousselk · Pull Request #2562 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub and http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/002247.html

I have seen a memory corruption bug with the driver but not had the time to pinpoint it exactly, it seems to happen randomly, but in the vicinity of the radio RX code. I will open a PR when I find a solution unless someone else beats me to it.

Best regards, Joakim www.eistec.se

Hello,

I’m also interesting in AT86RF212B driver. Ashkay has already done some improvements with this driver. Does anybody have a WIP branch to try this driver?

Cheers,

My colleague Nidhya should be posting on this. Expect EoD India time.

Akshay

Hi Joël,

ad NFC: I got me some NXP pn532 modules some time ago as I heard there is work on specifying 6LoWPAN over ISO 14443 (which NFC is part of). Beside this there are a lot of interesting applications you could build in combination with constraint networks. Sadly, I didn’t come too far with the driver, as it includes a (more) complex communication with the module, at least for the pn532, and it was kind of a private side project. My initial work can be found in [1].

ad rf212b: As Joakim stated, the existing at86rf231 driver supports the rf212b as the main functionality is the same for all current Atmel radio devices. I’m also currently refactoring the driver, providing the ability to extend the common functionality by very device specific features without writing it from scratch. I have it running for the rf231 already but need some more time to debug and entangle it correctly with all the other new network stack work. I will open a WIP PR for this today.

Best, Thomas

Hi Thomas!

I got me some NXP pn532 modules some time ago as I heard there is work on specifying 6LoWPAN over ISO 14443 (which NFC is part of).

Indeed, there is. See draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-00

Sadly, I didn’t come too far with the driver, as it includes a (more) complex communication with the module, at least for the pn532, and it was kind of a private side project. My initial work can be found in [1].

Link was missing. :wink:

Cheers, Oleg

Hi,

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your informations. I'm checking the NXP NFC components and need a feedback from the NXP supplier for the best version. It's seems the NTAG I2C has interested functions. When we will get the complet datasheet we will check the job we have to do. Joël

-----Message d'origine-----