Networking Module does not appear in process list

Hello Peter, thank you. Just for your understanding - I just tried to make everything exactly as shown in the Iotlab-M3 board but I get not the result which is listed in the readme files or the other documentation. One remark - I think most new RIOT users would resolve their problems by themself if they have some documentation about the relationship between the modules. It would be also nice to now where it is the right place for adding a module (makefile in the board directory / makefile in the project directory / makefile in the top directory e.g.). Where is the correct place to invoke auto_init (I guess the Makefile in the project directory)? Is it necessary to load the radio module driver manually or will it be loaded automatic (by the make utility)? You see - a newbie has totally different questions than an implementer who works with RIOT since for a long time.

Hello Bernhard,

if you are using rf233 the name of the thread is at86rfxx - check with ps output. you should get something like

ps pid | name | stateQ | pri | stack ( used) | location 1 | idle | pending Q | 15 | 128 ( 96) | 267a 2 | main | running Q | 7 | 640 ( 440) | 1880 3 | 6lo | bl rx _ | 3 | 512 ( 460) | 1d00 4 | ipv6 | bl rx _ | 4 | 640 ( 484) | 1380 5 | udp | bl rx _ | 5 | 512 ( 208) | 1f00 6 | at86rfxx | bl rx _ | 3 | 640 ( 312) | 1100 7 | blink | sleeping _ | 7 | 640 ( 180) | 1600

in the function auto_init_at86rf2xx the thread is created only if the radio was successfully initialized. do you have no error return from the at86rf2xx_init?

note that im newbie as well:)

wbr malo

Hi Bernhard,

I will check it later that day. Just for clarification: You are running examples/gnrc_networking with the current RIOT master on the iotlab-m3 node and the network interface (at86rfxx) is not listed with `ifconfig`?

This line in the applications Makefile should auto-initialize the device:

USEMODULE += auto_init_gnrc_netif

Cheers Peter