Need help where to start for adding support for TI TM4C1294NCPDT

Hi,

I'm new to riot-os. I spent the Easter weekend to familiarize with riot-os and I like the concept behind it. In the past I've been developing hard- and software for AVR based micros accompanied with ENC28J60 Ethernet controllers mainly for building automation.

I would like to use the Texas Instrument TM4C1294NCPDT http://www.ti.com/tool/EK-TM4C1294XL for some of my future projects as it is a real single chip solution for Ethernet-connected devices. It has an 10/100 Ethernet MAC and *PHY* on-chip and plenty of GPIO and other function modules. The EK-TM4C1294XL LaunchPad demo-board can be bought for only 20 EURs from Mouser.

As far as I found out, the network stack of riot-os is currently undergoing a re-factoring.

I would be nice if some senior project members could give me some hints where to get started, to get this microcontroller and its Ethernet module supported by riot-os.

Cheers, Frank

Hey,

I would be nice if some senior project members could give me some hints where to get started, to get this microcontroller and its Ethernet module supported by riot-os.

I've just opened a PR [1] for a low-level ethernet driver interface. Right now I'm writing the glue code for using any driver written against that interface with the new network stack.

IMHO even if that interface should not be accepted, it will enable you to get the basic chip initialization/sending/receiving functionality going quickly.

Just take a look.

Kaspar

[1] sys: net: introduce low-level ethernet driver API by kaspar030 · Pull Request #2766 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub