Need help about RIOT radio communicate example

Hi,

I’m a USC(University of Southern California) student. and I’m new to RIOT and I have a project based on RIOT.Firstly, I want to make 2 TelosB boards(Sky Tmote) talk through radio (CC2420). I tried to use default example, but it seems do not work. I am not sure which part goes wrong. I searched several days, and no radio examples found.

Do you have examples related to radio communication? No shell related is better. Can you help?

Thanks for your attention.

Best, Chen

Hi,

I’m a USC(University of Southern California) student. and I’m new to RIOT and I have a project based on RIOT.Firstly, I want to make 2 TelosB boards(Sky Tmote) talk through radio (CC2420). I tried to use default example, but it seems do not work. I am not sure which part goes wrong. I searched several days, and no radio examples found.

Do you have examples related to radio communication? No shell related is better. Can you help?

Thanks for your attention.

Best, Chen

Hi Chen,

How exactly does the example not work? Or the other way around: what does work?

Cheers, Ludwig

Thank you for replying.

I connect 2 telosb to 2 USB port and used 2 terminal to “make term” to each telosb board. Then I set addr to each board and the same chan & pan to them. Then I use one board to txtsnd to other board address. But there is no reaction from the other board. (For native mode, the other should show received packets).

I also use the .elf file in cooja simulation tool, there is no reaction for receiving node also. And I think the #1442 bug is not a matter about shell(explanation from 2014 dec version), I think it’s a cc2420 driver related bug.

Hi Chen!

I connect 2 telosb to 2 USB port and used 2 terminal to "make term" to each telosb board.

I guess you're using the default example, right?

Then I use one board to txtsnd to other board address. But there is no reaction from the other board. (For native mode, the other should show received packets).

Do you have the possibility to use a sniffer somehow? This could be helpful to check if it is a sender or a receiver problem. You could also try to use "make debug" or set ENABLE_DEBUG to 1 in drivers/cc2420/cc2420_rx.c (cc2420_tx.c respectively), to figure out what fails. The last time I checked the driver was working, but I cannot verify right now, because I don't have any cc2420-based hardware here.

Thomas, Kévin, could one of you verify the problem?

I also use the .elf file in cooja simulation tool, there is no reaction for receiving node also. And I think the #1442 bug is not a matter about shell(explanation from 2014 dec version), I think it's a cc2420 driver related bug.

Have you tried without setting the channel and PAN?

Cheers, Oleg

Hi Chen,

I can remember having the same problem with the telosb. I traced it down to the fact, that there are no interrupts triggered. Which is strange as the same code is working on an other msp430/cc2420 platform (Zolertia Z1). Maybe a misconfiguration somehow sneaked into the radio driver setup.

As I don’t have a TelosB anymore I can’t debug it in more detail right now, but maybe this gives you a hint.

Best, Thomas