I’d like to advertise here about the second session of the Mooc on IoT that I’ve been working on with @emmanuelsearch and my other folks from the FIT IoT-LAB testbed. (feel free to move this topic to another category where it fits better)
Here is the official announcement:
Internet of Things with Microcontrollers: a hands-on course
Discover, program and experience the IoT through theory & activities using RIOT and the FIT IoT-LAB testbed.
[February 1 - March 31, 2021]
This online course, available in english or french, provides an introduction to the IoT and hands-on experience in programming connected objects. It offers theoretical inputs and practical activities using the RIOT operating system and the FIT IoT-LAB testbed. Participating in this course does
not require any specific hardware or software installation.
The course is accessible to any developer, engineer, student or maker with basic programming skills (C and/or Python or Bash) and prior knowledge of the Linux system (command lines).
It is organized in 6 parts (modules) which allow you to acquire knowledge on the hardware, software and standard communication protocols commonly used in IoT. You will progressively put your theoretical learnings into practice by remotely programming the microcontrollers available in the FIT IoT-LAB testbed.
The course also includes a module dedicated to securing connected objects.
Each participant will be able to :
- remotely access the FIT IoT-LAB testbed from his or her computer, free of charge and without prior software installation,
- discover IoT standards and test the RIOT operating system with the help of their designers and contributors,
- develop, test and reuse their own IoT applications on other experimental platforms.
The educational content was developed by engineers, researchers and teachers from CNRS, Hauts-de-France Polytechnic University, IMT Atlantique and Inria.
- Course dates : February 1 - March 31, 2021
- Registration deadline : March 24, 2021
- Information & registration : https://www.fun-mooc.fr/courses/course-v1:inria+41020+session02/about
The MOOC is produced by Inria Learning Lab and runs on the FUN-mooc platform.
Follow course news on Twitter: @InriaLearnLab #MoocIoT