Lora-E5-Dev ANY working LoRa examples?

Hi, New to RIOT… I’m trying to get a Seeed Studio E5 module with the integrated SX126x transceiver to work as a starter project. I’ve used an sx127x example from the web from Eugene P and it runs fine on a Feather-M0-Lora board. I’ve replaced the various sx127x with sx126x function equivalents. The code fails every time it reaches the spi_init() with a spi bus error. Does anyone have any WORKING examples of Lora (not LoraWAN) code for the Lora_E5_Dev board (sx126x) or was it a case of yeah the board is supported but only to blink an LED and Lora was never actually tested? I should add I have been using these E5 modules with STM32mx and I do have running code, I’m also familiar with the SX127x generally. I think it is the whole “new to Riot” that is getting me :slight_smile: Cheers, Ingmar

Hello Ingmar,

to be sure everything work with your setup, could you please try to flash tests/driver_sx126x? This example test implements a basic app for sending/receiving LoRa frames with the transceiver. Check tests/driver_sx126x/README.md for more details.

Cheers, José

On 22/09/23 06:25AM, Ingmar M via RIOT wrote:

Hi, New to RIOT… I’m trying to get a Seeed Studio E5 module with the integrated SX126x transceiver to work as a starter project. I’ve used an sx127x example from the web from Eugene P and it runs fine on a Feather-M0-Lora board. I’ve replaced the various sx127x with sx126x function equivalents. The code fails every time it reaches the spi_init() with a spi bus error. Does anyone have any WORKING examples of Lora (not LoraWAN) code for the Lora_E5_Dev board (sx126x) or was it a case of yeah the board is supported but only to blink an LED and Lora was never actually tested? I should add I have been using these E5 modules with STM32mx and I do have running code, I’m also familiar with the SX127x generally. I think it is the whole “new to Riot” that is getting me :slight_smile: Cheers, Ingmar

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Jose,

Ahh I knew I should have dug deeper into all the directories!

Thanks, I will give it a try. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers, Ingmar

Hi,

I have compiled and installed the tests/driver_sx126x application with the board set to the lora_e5 device and it runs until it tries to initialise the sx1262. I placed additional puts statements in to allow me to trace the code.

if (netdev->driver->init(netdev) < 0) { puts(“Failed to initialize SX126X device, exiting”); return 1; }

It locks up during the init phase and never gets to the “Failed” message. Given I know my hardware works with my STM32mx app I assume it is still an issue in the sx126x driver.