initial gnu++0x compatibility for RIOT

Hi all,

I just finished the initial gnu++0x compatibility edits/fixes in RIOT for the native port. I've tested the changes with the default-native project. I've checked if using g++0x with g++ and gnu99 with gcc compiles and works. (it does :slight_smile: )

Though I cannot tell if the changes have other unforeseen negative effects especially for the real boards. I will send a pull request, so if anyone is concerned about the changes please discard it.

BTW. to use the g++0x and g++ some edits in the default-native project and the native board have to be done. I will fork the boards and projects today and add the necessary changes.

Best regards, Martin

Hi all,

my apologise, I realize that I just "threw" the results of my efforts into the list and GIT without communicating what I was working on in advance.

The goal was (is still) to make RIOT compliant to the new c++11 (gnu++0x) std., which enables to make use of the advantages of a recent GCC (>= 4.7), and of course to enable development with c++. So the next step I would like to approach is to extend the gnu++0x compatibility for non-native platforms, such as MSB-A2 and MSP430 and test it on them.

Best regards, Martin