Hack'n'ACK October '15

Hello fellow RIOTers,

Cenk and I are holding the castle for tonight’s Hack’n’ACK at FU Berlin. You can join via your favorite PlaceCam link: http://placecam.de/call.php?c=lmakKMrDG8a35aIBNqLBvOnApExkKFntj9xXawGNgTc-

If you never used PlaceCam before, please refer to [1]

Lots of fun and merges tonight, Martine

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Instructions-for-remote-participation

Hi Martine,

What is the actual time for the Hack’n’ACK meeting, I want to join to discuss with RIOTers.

Thanks, Haoyang

Hi Haoyang,

yesterday it was too late for joining the session. We’ve already closed the conference at that time. Usually we start the Hack’n’ACK about 17:30 p.m. CET.

If you want to join discussions you can also follow the virtual meetings that take place on wednesdays at 2 p.m. CET if someone put content in a prepared pad. If I see it correctly this pad should be the one for the next potential conference:

? Alternatively you can use this list to discuss anything :-). Best, Peter

Thanks Peter,

I encountered an question about DEFAULT program.

the _netif_send is the underlying function for txtsnd, it use genre_netapi_send(dev, pkt) to send the packet. But in pkt_dump process running background, I notice the _eventloop(void *arg), is the codes in charge of printing. The question is:

gnrc_netapi_send is sending GNRC_NETAPI_MSG_TYPE_SND, but in _eventloop, it is the GNRC_NETAPI_MSG_TYPE_RCV type, because the stdout result shows “PKTDUMP: data received:”. Is there any problem?

Thanks, Haoyang

Hi Haoyang,

I’m not quite sure if I got your question. But I can try to solve some confusion. Se me comments inline!

• The command “txtsnd” in the default example sends plain data over an interface, without using other protocols - netapi is an IPC mechanism to communicate between modules/threads in the network-stack - pkd_dump you can understand as a receiver thread. You register it for some kind of protocol and if this kind is received, pkt_dum just prints the packets contents to the console - GNRC_NETAPI_MSG_TYPE_SND and GNRC_NETAPI_MSG_TYPE_RCV are two types of the communication mechanism netapi. Like the names already say, one type is used when there is data to send (network-stack from top to bottom) and the other is used when there is data received (network-stack bottom to top). If you are still confused, could you explain your scenario and the existing problem in a bit more detail? Cheers, Peter