GNRC_NETWORKING

Hi all,

I am using the gnrc BR and I have another node running the gnrc_networking example. I did some modifications on the main.c of the gnrc_networking, I replaced the lines 44-46 [1] with the line: _netif_config(0, NULL); . After that I execute some threads. My question is why I cannot ping the node running the gnrc_networking example with this modifications I did. Moreover, I can’t see the node on the ncache of the BR. I was able to ping and see the node in BR’s ncache when I used the gnrc_networking example as it is. Any suggestions??? Thank you in advance!

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/examples/gnrc_networking/main.c

Hi Ilias,

you removed the shell, and doing so you also removed the main loop. So basically your program hits return 0 and terminates - which likely happens very fast after reboot. With this the RIOT-Kernel, network stack and everything stops working, so no logic remains to answer any pings or so.

I don't know what your goal is, but if you look at the microcoap example here [0] (line 44-47), you'll see it does the same: no shell and it has this _netif_config line, too. But instead of hitting return 0 it enters `microcoap_server_loop()` which keeps running forever.

Best, Sebastian

[0]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/examples/microcoap_server/main.c

Hi Sebastian!

Hi Oleg,

you're probably right; I also missed that and also ignored Ilias statement:

After that I execute some threads.

@Ilias: what are those threads doing, are they working as expected?

Best,   Sebastian

Thank you all for your replies, @Sebastian, I have the loop in the udp.c and when I use the make term I see that one of my threads is running. That’s the strange thing!!!

@ Sebastian the first one is the udp.c where I execute an interval so every 2 minutes I send a message. The second one is empty right now.

Hi again, The problem is probably on the Br, after sending two udp messages, 4 bytes each with two minutes difference, I am not able to see the node in the br’s ncache. I am using the br of miri64, I can’t find the email where she mentioned that the br doesn’t remove records. Anyone using the br without problems? Thank you in advance!