f3discovery + cc1101 UDP problem

Hi! First of all: thanks for everyone for your help so far. I’m using RIOT in an RPL network and I’m trying to send UDP packets with a custom application level data. I developed a solution which is similar to the udp packet handling in the gnrc_networking example. In the networking example the payload is the following: payload = gnrc_pktbuf_add(NULL, data, strlen(data), GNRC_NETTYPE_UNDEF); I registered my thread to gnrc with the following lines:

server.pid = rfnode_udpthread_init(); server.demux_ctx = (uint32_t)port; gnrc_netreg_register(GNRC_NETTYPE_UDP, &server); printf(“Success: started UDP server on port %d\n”,(int) port); When my eventloop catches a GNRC_NETAPI_MSG_TYPE_RCV then it calls my function when I get the data out of the msg. In the message handler I filter for: snip->type == GNRC_NETTYPE_UNDEF

It works right if I open a direct connection, but if I set up an RPL netowork with multiple nodes, then if I send any packet to a destination ( by the IP in the fibroute cmd ) then it catches so many snippets ( possibly for RPL? ), so its not usable. I did some debugging, and the snippets seems to be all right (UNDEF->UDP->IPV6->NETAPI in the snippet).

I added my own GNRC type into gnrc_nettype_t in nettype.h called GNRC_NETTYPE_RFPKT, so I could filter it: payload = gnrc_pktbuf_add(NULL, data, strlen(data), GNRC_NETTYPE_RFPKT); I also filter for this type in my msg handler: snip->type == GNRC_NETTYPE_RFPKT and it doesn’t catch any, and the snippets which I get also seem to be wrong, and I don’t see my type in the snippets anywhere.

I think that I’m using the networking stack in wrong way, what am I missing? Viktor

I was wrong about one thing. The snippets where I use GNRC_NETTYPE_RFPKT are OK, but instead of GNRC_NETTYPE_RFPKT I only see GNRC_NETTYPE_UNDEF in the type in the packet over UDP. Viktor

Hey,

Thanks for the answer Kaspar! -Did you disable NHC (6lowpan next header compression)? It’s current implementation is incompatible with cc110x. “ifconfig” should show whether it’s enabled. It’s not in the ifconfig, and its disabled in the current RIOT version since it’s broken. I’ve also tried the posix_sockets and the gnrc_networking with the same outcome. I’ve also tried it with the latest riot, no luck. I think that the problem is in the driver. You told me that I should learn a little bit more about 6lowpan before writing a new driver are these ok to start with: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4944 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6282 Thanks! Viktor