Eclipse settings

Hi all,

I am trying to use eclipse IDE (on ubuntu 20.04) with RIOT for openmote-b hardware platforms. I am following [1] for the required settings in eclipse. But it seems I am missing something and hence not able to build (“hello-world” program) (fails at Project→Build All - step 6 of the tutorial). Any help/pointers are highly appreciated and thanks very much for your time! My build output is given below.

P.S.: I can build and flash the motes from the ubuntu terminal.

12:40:30 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project RIOT **** “make BOARD=openmote-b” all Cannot run program “make BOARD=openmote-b”: Unknown reason

Error: Program “make BOARD=openmote-b” not found in PATH PATH=[/home/jobish/gcc-arm-none-eabi-10-2020-q4-major/bin:/home/jobish/gcc-arm-none-eabi-10-2020-q4-major/bin:/home/jobish/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/usr/local/go/bin]

12:40:30 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 4ms)

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Using-the-Eclipse-IDE-for-C-and-Cpp-Developers%2C-Howto

It looks like Eclipse has support for compile_commands.json. You can generate this file with make BOARD=openmote-b compile_commands.json.

With this file you should be able to follow these steps starting with “Enabling Compilation Database support”. (untested)