devel Digest, Vol 36, Issue 12

Re: How can link RIOT to other network simulators (Michael Frey)

Hi all and Michael Thanks for your reply and guides. I see on the internet that there was a project about "Supporting RIOT in ns3". Is it finished and is it working now? If there is any related page could u introduce me? I am trying to find a way to link Riot with LXC based network emulators. Is it possible that I start to do that? Could you guide me where do i have to start? What do i have to do? or any other Guide?

Hi,

you probably set your options for the mailing list to digest, at least the subject of your mail changed and doesn't reflect the content (which is a bit confusing).

a project about "Supporting RIOT in ns3".

GSoC consists of project proposals. Unfortunately, nobody tried to tackle it and hence, there is no support for ns-3 and RIOT.

Is it finished and is it working now? If there is any related page could u introduce me?

Nobody actually implemented it.

I am trying to find a way to link Riot with LXC based network emulators. Is it possible that I start to do that? Could you guide me where do i have to start? What do i have to do? or any other Guide?

You probably could try to use des-virt [1] and try to interconnect your RIOT and LXC nodes. This probably requires some customization.

Best, Michael

[1] GitHub - des-testbed/desvirt: The DES Testbed virtualization framework