Depending on application for flashing

Hey everyone,

I am trying to bring our board to RIOT. We have a special tool that puts the node into the bootloader. I want to include it in RIOT OS. Where should I place such code? In dist/tools/? But how can I make sure the tool gets build before? I don't want the user to make the tool manually. Something like USEAPP/USEAPPS would be awesome. But then the correct (native) compiler needs to be picked here.

Best Regards, Robert

Hi Robert!

I am trying to bring our board to RIOT. We have a special tool that puts the node into the bootloader. I want to include it in RIOT OS. Where should I place such code? In dist/tools/? But how can I make sure the tool gets build before? I don't want the user to make the tool manually. Something like USEAPP/USEAPPS would be awesome. But then the correct (native) compiler needs to be picked here.

The MSB-A2 boards from FU Berlin requires a particular bootloader tool (lpc2387_pgm) that requires compilation, too. It is placed in boards/msba2-common/tools/. However, I'm not sure if there's any mechanism/Make target so far that takes care of automatic compilation. Maybe the board specific Makefile could provide a specific target for that?

Cheers, Oleg