Communication among running RIOT board (native) and unix application

Hello,

I am new to RIOT and trying to run it in native system. I would like to know if it is possible to add another tap interface to the bridge to monitor two native application’s packet transaction and their contents?

I want to communicate with an ipv4 based socket application with one of the running RIOT image. Will it be possible if I add an address to each of the images? or do I need another image as the border router to facilitate the connection between them?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am new to RIOT and trying to run it in native system. I would like to know if it is possible to add another tap interface to the bridge to monitor two native application's packet transaction and their contents?

have you looked into des-virt? Have you also checked out the tutorials [1] at the wiki, such as [1].

I want to communicate with an ipv4 based socket application with one of the

To my best knowledge there is no IPv4 support in RIOT (yet).

Best, Michael

[1] Home · RIOT-OS/RIOT Wiki · GitHub [2] Tutorial: RIOT and Multi Hop Routing with RPL · RIOT-OS/RIOT Wiki · GitHub

Hi Nazmul, hi Michael!

> I am new to RIOT and trying to run it in native system. I would like to > know if it is possible to add another tap interface to the bridge to > monitor two native application's packet transaction and their contents?

have you looked into des-virt? Have you also checked out the tutorials [1] at the wiki, such as [1].

There's also a basic documentation available in the gnrc_networking example:

> I want to communicate with an ipv4 based socket application with one of > the

To my best knowledge there is no IPv4 support in RIOT (yet).

In theory lwip, which is available as a package in RIOT, has support for IPv4, but in practise I think no one has every tested this in RIOT.

Cheers, Oleg

Hi Michael and Oleg,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, I will look into it.