Changing priority at runtime

Dear rocking IoTlers,

currently RIOT does not allow to alter the priority of a thread after its creation. I created an issue asking to change this long ago and some months ago, René created an according PR [1]. However, Kaspar opposed this PR arguing that without a use-case (this) code should not be added.

Now I wonder if someone can indeed imagine such a use-case or if we should rather close this PR and the issue with a WONTFIX.

Cheers, Oleg

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/1307

Hi,

isn't that more or less required to conform to POSIX? If I remember it correctly there would still be the question how far RIOT is supposed to be POSIX conformant... For me the main question would be how much overhead (both runtime and maintainability of code) would be caused by that feature.

Just my two cents,

Hinnerk

Dear rocking IoTlers,

currently RIOT does not allow to alter the priority of a thread after its creation. I created an issue asking to change this long ago and some months ago, René created an according PR [1]. However, Kaspar opposed this PR arguing that without a use-case (this) code should not be added.

Now I wonder if someone can indeed imagine such a use-case or if we should rather close this PR and the issue with a WONTFIX.

Hi,

isn’t that more or less required to conform to POSIX? If I remember it correctly there would still be the question how far RIOT is supposed to be POSIX conformant… For me the main question would be how much overhead (both runtime and maintainability of code) would be caused by that feature.

+1