Build-System Question

Hi everyone,

I have a small question concerning the build system. I am currently trying to compile some own drivers, but I get the error, that the archive file ".a" cannot be found in my applications /bin folder, why I wanted to ask, if there has to be done anything else than putting it into the appropiate boards Makefile using "USEMODULE+=".

Kind regards, Anon

Hey,

I have a small question concerning the build system. I am currently trying to compile some own drivers, but I get the error, that the archive file ".a" cannot be found in my applications /bin folder, why I wanted to ask, if there has to be done anything else than putting it into the appropiate boards Makefile using "USEMODULE+=".

You need to make sure that the directory containing the driver source files is actually compiled by adding "DIRS += your_directory" from another Makefile, and that directory must contain a Makefile with at least "include $(RIOTBASE)/Makefile.base".

If your module has a different name than "your_directory", you also need to add "MODULE = your_module_name" *before* the include of Makefile.base.

Kaspar

Hi Kaspar, thanks, that really helped and now its working.

Kind Regards, Anon