Border router FIT IoT Lab

Hi everyone

I am trying to use microcoap example from RIOT repository in FIT-IoT LAB. So I upload microcoap in an M3 node and I have a CoAP-client in my linux pc. I want to make a remote connection ( coap-client from my pc ask for a resource from coap-server in M3 node). I need a Border Router. So I will use another m3 node for that purpose. Is there any border router for m3 node available? Is there any other way to make this remote connection?

All the best Theodore

Dear RIOT-Users

Someone can help with this.

All the best Theodore

Quoting Theodore Kotsonis <kotsonis@aueb.gr>:

Hi, first of all sorry that nobody replied to your earlier mail. Did you have a look at ethos? It provides an Ethernet over the serial line and should also work on the IoT-Lab.

Hope this was helpful.

Martine

Dear Martine

Thank you for the reply. I have seen ethos but I don't know how to use it. I have seen the documentation but I need some steps and a little bit explanation

All the best Theodore

Quoting Martine Lenders <authmillenon@gmail.com>:

Hey Theodore,

do you want to use a border router?

If not, - add the lines as recommended in "dist/tools/ethos/README.md" to your application's Makefile - also add "CFLAGS += '-DSTDIO_BAUDRATE=115200'" - remove "USEMODULE += gnrc_slip" (if any)

- compile & flash the node - compile ethos by running "make" in "dist/tools/ethos" - run ethos in "dist/tools/ethos": "ethos tap0 <your-iotlab-m3-serial-port>"

At this point, you should have serial output of the node showing up as output of the ethos command.

If you've tried with the microcoap_server example, there'll be no output after some initial status. Try calling "BOARD=iotlab-m3 make reset" in examples/microcoap_server, in another shell.

If you can see output, "only" thing left is configuring the network.

Kaspar

Dear Kaspar

Thank you again for the reply. I run the microcoap_example in native board and now I want to upload the experiment in a M3 node ( only the coap-server ) . CoAP client ( I take it from libcoap ) will be in my pc ( linux process ) and I send request from client to take a response from server ( coap-client "coap://[(IPv6 of Coap-server)%tap0]:(Port)/riot/board ). But because of FIT-IoT lab and IPv6, I found that I need a border router. If i can avoid border router and make this connection, its ok. You propose me ethos. So I can add the lines as recomended in my CoAP application. Something that I must figure out.

compile ethos by running "make" in "dist/tools/ethos" run ethos in "dist/tools/ethos": "ethos tap0 <your-iotlab-m3-serial-port>"

Which is <iotlab-m3-serial-port> ?

( Sorry if something is really obvious but I am new in all these )

All the best Theodore

Quoting Kaspar Schleiser <kaspar@schleiser.de>:

Dear RIOT-users

I want to thank you again for the help. Someone can explain about <iotlab-m3-serial-port> that Kaspar mention in previous post

All the best Theodore

Quoting Theodore Kotsonis <kotsonis@aueb.gr>:

Hi,

“Theodore Kotsonis” <kotsonis@aueb.gr> (on users@riot-os.org):

Dear RIOT-users

I want to thank you again for the help. Someone can explain about that Kaspar mention in previous post

Has anybody experience with accessing the serial port of a serial port of a node on the IoT-LAB testbed?