Basing my cpu/board port off existing ports

What is the correct procedure regarding author and copyright headers when I write a new port, but base the file off another port?

For example: I start by copying the cpu/stm32f1 directory, as a basis for my new port. The CPUs share no code other than RIOT generic code, such as API (function declarations etc.). Looking at cpu/stm32f1/lpm_arch.c [1], it has the following copyright header:

/* * Copyright (C) 2013 INRIA * Copyright (C) 2014 Freie Universität Berlin

Hi Joakim,

I suggest to keep it simple: In the case you copy files that are basically empty as your example below or in the case you remove everything except the function declarations (as probably in low-level drivers as gpio.c and others) I would just remove the existing copyright and authors and put in solely yourself (and/or your company). Only in the case that you keep actual code I would leave the existing copyrights/authors.

At least for me this sounds like the way to go, any other opinions?

Cheers, Hauke

Hey,

>I suggest to keep it simple: In the case you copy files that are >basically empty as your example below or in the case you remove >everything except the function declarations (as probably in low-level >drivers as gpio.c and others) I would just remove the existing copyright >and authors and put in solely yourself (and/or your company). Only in >the case that you keep actual code I would leave the existing >copyrights/authors.

+1