AVR platform maturity

Hello everyone,

It's been a few months now since an AVR device (Arduino Mega) port has been available in RIOT.

Does somebody use it regularly? I would like to try some developments on AVR, and I was wondering if AVR support was production-ready, or if there was still "rough edges" to aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Hi K�vin,

It's been a few months now since an AVR device (Arduino Mega) port has been available in RIOT.

Does somebody use it regularly? I would like to try some developments on AVR, and I was wondering if AVR support was production-ready, or if there was still "rough edges" to aware of?

""" While there is basic support in RIOT, there are still some parts missing: - Timer implementation needs love (ideally simulate a 32bit timer by   adding an overflow counter to the implementation) - LPM driver missing - GPIO driver missing - SPI/I2C/TWI driver missing - ADC driver missing """

PWM is also missing, even from the list of missing things :wink:

Cheers, Ludwig

Hi,

I just added PWM to the "missing features" list. I already told Ludwig today that I hope that I can do some hacking on it during the Christmas holidays - no promises though. Otherwise I'm fairly swamped with work this term. I think I should have a half finished GPIO implementation somewhere and after that SPI would be next on my list. If you're interested you could also do some stuff from that list yourself (I think most of it should be pretty straight forward, except the timer stuff maybe).

WKR Hinnerk