ARM-Toolchains

Dear rioters,

this is gonna be a quick survey on used toolchains for ARM used for RIOT.

Currently our Getting Started documentation advices to use the 2008q3 version of CodeBench, but Christian discovered today that this version of the Compiler has broken support for ANSI C 99 standard (variable-size arrays seem to lead to a data abort on the MSB-A2).

In order to advice a known-to-be-working toolchain for supported ARM architectures, I'm interested which ARM toolchains you currently use to compile RIOT for which platform and which problems you may have experienced.

Thanks for your help, Oleg

Hej,

I am using the GCC-ARM-Embedded toolchain from launchpad ( https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded) in the newest version. It is made for the Cortex-M controllers and is supported directly by ARM. I’m just not sure about the ARM7 support though.

Cheers, Hauke

There are two problematic situations in shell.c in line 93 and 155. With the 2008q3 compiler (am I the only one who uses this?!?) *every* build with the shell on msba2 is broken.

Best Christian

Hi,

I’m working with the Linaro GCC [1], basically with other parts of the toolchain[2], in version 4.7-2013.12. As far I know it supports ARMv5 and ARMv7 up to ARMv8 too.

Best, Thomas

[1] [2]

compose-unknown-contact.jpg