waspmote + xbee + shell

Hi everybody,

I’m writing to you because I’m having some problems when trying to test the xbee module.

What I want to do is to be able to comunicate two waspmotes by means of the xbee module.

I took a look at the driver_xbee test in order to have something to start from. However, when running ifconfig for this example, the ip address I obtain is as follows:

Iface 4 HWaddr: 00:00

Long HWaddr: 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00

I tried to add the gnrc_ipv6 to the Makefile but when doing this, shell is no longer available.

I moved then to the gnr_minimal example and after setting up the Makefile for considering the Xbee module, I’m able to display the mote’s ip address. Nevertheless, I’m not able to run the shell within this example.

Do you have any idea how can I set up un example in which both ipv6 and shell modules are available (and thus to be able to get the waspmote ipaddress and to be able to send messages from the shell (txtsend)) ??

Thanks,

François

Hi François,

you could first try the below, assuming you have some other board with 802.15.4 lying around (e.g. a SAMR21):

• use gnrc_minimal on your waspmote

• compile/flash/term the gnrc_networking example on the other board

• ping6 on the board running the gnrc_networking example to check that connectivity is there.

Once you are this works, you could try to use a slightly modified gnrc_minimal example adding an automatic call to ping on one waspmote the address of the other waspmote (I suppose you could do that with _icmpv6_ping which is what the ping6 shell command).

(Note: The shell takes some memory, so on the waspmote where the memory is very tight, it is not a perspective to activate it together with the network stack).

My 2c.

Cheers,

Emmanuel