tapsetup problem

Hi all,

I hope that i write in a correct place. i am newer on RIOT. I’ve started to learn about it. i amm using “https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Creating-your-first-RIOT-project” as tutorial.

In the mentioned website i used command …/…/dist/tools/tapsetup/tapsetup -c

tap0 and tap1 created successfully. Then i used make and then, ./bin/native/my_project.elf tap0.

the result is:

usage: ./bin/native/my_project.elf [-i ] [-d] [-e|-E] [-o] help: ./bin/native/my_project.elf -h

Options: -h help -i specify instance id (set by config module) -s specify srandom(3) seed (/dev/random is used instead of random(3) if the option is omitted) -d daemonize -e redirect stderr to file -E do not redirect stderr (i.e. leave sterr unchanged despite daemon/socket io) -o redirect stdout to file (/tmp/riot.stdout.PID) when not attached to socket

The order of command line arguments matters. samira@samira-pc:~/RIOT/examples/my_project$

could u please guide me, what is the problem and how can i solve it? thanks for your kind consideration

Hi all, Ii had sent a question about my problem but i didn’t get any answer, if i have to email to another address or sth is wrong please tell me. thanks to all

Hi,

Apparently your project is not configured to use a transceiver.

Cheers, Ludwig

Hi, make sure you have the netdev2_tap module included to your project. You can do that by either adding the line

USEMODULE += netdev2_tap

to your project or - more generally for all boards, not just native

USEMODULE += gnrc_netif_default

If you want the OS to setup the device (recommended) also add the auto initialization modules:

USEMODULE += auto_init USEMODULE += auto_init_gnrc_netif

Cheers, Martine