Strange errors

Hi Rioters, Happy New Year!!!

Today I came up with some strange errors while creating a new project. The first one is “‘CREATE_STACKTEST’ undeclared (first use in this function) THREAD_PRIORITY_MAIN - 1, CREATE_STACKTEST,”

my code is “kernel_pid_t pid = thread_create(second_thread_stack, sizeof(second_thread_stack), THREAD_PRIORITY_MAIN - 1, CREATE_STACKTEST, second_thread, NULL, “pong”);”

-I used the same code ~7 months ago and it was working.

The second one is “implicit declaration of function ‘xtimer_usleep_until’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] xtimer_usleep_until(&last_wakeup, INTERVAL);”

• I use the same code in another project and works

For the new project I re-wrote the MakeFile based on the MakeFile of my old projects.

I am using the master branch.

Any idea??

Thank you in advance!!!

Best regards,

Ilias

Hi Ilias,

happy new year to you!

The first one is "'CREATE_STACKTEST' undeclared (first use in this function)

-I used the same code ~7 months ago and it was working.

The define has been renamed, it is now called "THREAD_CREATE_STACKTEST".

The second one is "implicit declaration of function 'xtimer_usleep_until' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]       xtimer_usleep_until(&last_wakeup, INTERVAL);"

- I use the same code in another project and works

This function is now called "xtimer_periodic_wakeup()".

Just replacing the old names with the new ones should fix compiling.

Kaspar

Hi Ilias!

Today I came up with some strange errors while creating a new project. The first one is "'CREATE_STACKTEST' undeclared (first use in this function)                              THREAD_PRIORITY_MAIN - 1, CREATE_STACKTEST,"

my code is "kernel_pid_t pid = thread_create(second_thread_stack, sizeof(second_thread_stack),                             THREAD_PRIORITY_MAIN - 1, CREATE_STACKTEST,                             second_thread, NULL, "pong");" -I used the same code ~7 months ago and it was working.

CREATE_STACKTEST got renamed some time ago: $ git grep CREATE_STACKTEST core/include/thread.h: * @ref THREAD_CREATE_STACKTEST | measures the stack's memory usage

I.e., it's called THREAD_CREATE_STACKTEST now.

(See also Threading)

The second one is "implicit declaration of function 'xtimer_usleep_until' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]       xtimer_usleep_until(&last_wakeup, INTERVAL);"

- I use the same code in another project and works

xtimer_sleep_until() got refactored to xtimer_periodic_wakeup() in 4449ba493350a3683d48a91934aa767409c42ec7

$ git log | grep -B2 xtimer_usleep_until Merge pull request #5612 from gebart/pr/xtimer-periodic-wakeup     xtimer: Refactor xtimer_usleep_until and rename to xtimer_periodic_wakeup

(See also xtimer high level timer abstraction layer (deprecated))

Cheers, Oleg

Dear all, thank you very much for your fast reply.

Best, Ilias