RIOT file system

Hi RIOTers,

I'm currently trying to port some file system related code to riot, but I couldn't find any documentation or fs related code?!

One Makefile suggest, that the code is in sys/lib/fat, but this folder isn't existing...

Please point me in the right direction towards fat/file system RIOT code!

Best Christian

Hi Christian,

One Makefile suggest, that the code is in sys/lib/fat, but this folder isn't existing...

Please point me in the right direction towards fat/file system RIOT code!

sys/lib/fat is currently not in the repository, since it has not yet been tested against RIOT (only FeuerWare). I'll put the code in my personal fork, later this afternoon (after the release), so you can test it.

Cheers, Oleg

Hi,

I'm currently trying to port some file system related code to riot, but I couldn't find any documentation or fs related code?!

Let's not jump the ball on FS support. There are some tough design decisions to be made.

In Feuerwhere all FS code depended on newlibs read/write/.. posix stuff. We might have to discuss how to handle this while keeping everything portable to 16bitters.

And - FAT is ugly. It's not simple, it's a nightmare. Been there, done that. I'll probably veto every FAT related commit until you get me completely drunk and distracted.

To answer your question - the old FAT code is probably still in FeuerWare repos.

Cheers Kaspar