Regarding RNDIS support

Hello,

As RIOT support Ethernet devices and USB device , Is someone working on rndis(Remote Network Driver Interface Specification) Protocol.??

Thanks Shishir Tiwari

Hi,

Hello,

As RIOT support Ethernet devices and USB device , Is someone working on rndis(Remote Network Driver Interface Specification) Protocol.??

I am working on usb device support for RIOT. There is a PR[1] for it, but it is outdated and will be rebased/updated with [2].

[2] supports kinetis and sam[r,d]-21. The CDC-ACM and CDC-ECM support is very anstable and WIP. Currently I am working on the stability of CDC-ACM.

I plan: - remove CDC-ECM first - add a netdev2-802154-over-usb interface and opposite driver for linux kernel :slight_smile:

About RNDIS: - why should RIOT supports a Microsoft proprietary protocol? - why not CDC-ECM or CDC-EEM ?

Cheers,

[1] USB device stack by jfischer-no · Pull Request #3890 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub [2] https://github.com/jfischer-phytec-iot/RIOT/tree/test%40cdc-ecm

Hello.

Hi,

Hello,

I am working on usb device support for RIOT. There is a PR[1] for it, but it is outdated and will be rebased/updated with [2].

[2] supports kinetis and sam[r,d]-21. The CDC-ACM and CDC-ECM support is very anstable and WIP. Currently I am working on the stability of CDC-ACM.

I plan: - remove CDC-ECM first - add a netdev2-802154-over-usb interface and opposite driver for linux kernel

Could you elaborate on this part? I'm not sure I understand what your plan is here.

If your plan is to expose 15.4 level API over USB and write a matching Linux Kernel driver that fits into linux-wpan at least Alexander and myself would be interested in your plans. :slight_smile:

regards Stefan Schmidt

Hello Stefan,

I plan: - remove CDC-ECM first - add a netdev2-802154-over-usb interface and opposite driver for linux kernel

Could you elaborate on this part? I'm not sure I understand what your plan is here.

If your plan is to expose 15.4 level API over USB and write a matching Linux Kernel driver that fits into linux-wpan at least Alexander and myself would be interested in your plans. :slight_smile:

That's exactly what I planned. For the beginning we can take the netdev2 for it. If we (someday) have a proper MAC in RIOT, then it may be a better way to use it with linux hardmac interface and to build a 15.4 dongle based on RIOT.

We currently have even the hardware for it [1] and a SAM-R21 Xplaned board can also be used as the dongle.

Unfortunately, I have some ugly bugs in CDC-ACM code and the code needs clean up, when it is fixed i will update [2].

[1] Downloads | PHYTEC [2] USB device stack by jfischer-no · Pull Request #3890 · RIOT-OS/RIOT · GitHub

Cheers,

Hello.

Hello Stefan,

That's exactly what I planned.

Nice :slight_smile:

For the beginning we can take the netdev2 for it. If we (someday) have a proper MAC in RIOT, then it may be a better way to use it with linux hardmac interface and to build a 15.4 dongle based on RIOT.

We currently have even the hardware for it [1] and a SAM-R21 Xplaned board can also be used as the dongle.

Unfortunately, I have some ugly bugs in CDC-ACM code and the code needs clean up, when it is fixed i will update [2].

I will keep an eye on it. Just subscribed to the notifications.

regards Stefan Schmidt