redbee-econotag board

Is redbee-econotag board code still in active development or use?

I'm new to RIOT ... tried compiling the "default" example for redbee-econotag and found an error (maybe more correctly a construct that doesn't work as expected) in the conditional assembly in common.s I put in a patch but now all I get from "default" is:

.CONNECT Size: 69440 bytes Sending /home/rdroms/RIOT/examples/default/bin/redbee-econotag/default.hex done sending files. Board initialized. kernel_init(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2014.12-415-g1e6e-instant-contiki) kernel_init(): jumping into first task...

Should "default" work?

- Ralph

Hello and welcome Ralph,

In principal, all examples should work on all boards unless the build system says otherwise. (Or there should be an issue in the tracker). I'm not familiar with this board, but if I remember correctly, there exist several hardware versions of it. Which one do you have?

Also: did you try and enter commands (e.g. "help")?

Cheers, Ludwig

Hello and welcome Ralph,

Thanks for the quick followup...

In principal, all examples should work on all boards unless the build system says otherwise. (Or there should be an issue in the tracker). I'm not familiar with this board, but if I remember correctly, there exist several hardware versions of it. Which one do you have?

"Redwire EconoTAG r3"

Also: did you try and enter commands (e.g. "help")?

Yes; no response.

- Ralph

Hi Ralph,

first of all also welcome from my side.

Regarding the RIOT support for the redbee-econotag I can remember similar problems which resulted from the compiler used. For this board it is important to note that only the CodeSourcery GCC 2008q3 is supported. Could you check for this?

I will have a more in depth look on your reported problem in the afternoon.

Kind regards, Thomas

Hi Ralph,

first of all also welcome from my side.

Regarding the RIOT support for the redbee-econotag I can remember similar problems which resulted from the compiler used. For this board it is important to note that only the CodeSourcery GCC 2008q3 is supported. Could you check for this?

$ arm-none-eabi-gcc -v Using built-in specs. Target: arm-none-eabi Configured with: /scratch/julian/lite-respin/eabi/src/gcc-4.3/configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-none-eabi --enable-threads --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-shared --with-newlib --with-pkgversion='Sourcery G++ Lite 2008q3-66' --with-bugurl=https://support.codesourcery.com/GNUToolchain/ --disable-nls --prefix=/opt/codesourcery --with-headers=yes --with-sysroot=/opt/codesourcery/arm-none-eabi --with-build-sysroot=/scratch/julian/lite-respin/eabi/install/arm-none-eabi --with-gmp=/scratch/julian/lite-respin/eabi/obj/host-libs-2008q3-66-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu/usr --with-mpfr=/scratch/julian/lite-respin/eabi/obj/host-libs-2008q3-66-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu/usr --disable-libgomp --enable-poison-system-directories --with-build-time-tools=/scratch/julian/lite-respin/eabi/install/arm-none-eabi/bin --with-build-time-tools=/scratch/julian/lite-respin/eabi/install/arm-none-eabi/bin Thread model: single gcc version 4.3.2 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2008q3-66)

Regarding the conditional assembly problem - this code snippet doesn't seem to correctly recognize "(CPU != mc1322x)" (where "CPU = mc1322x" is set in boards/redbee-econotag/Makefile.include):

.if (CPU != mc1322x)     /* jump into vic interrupt */     mov r0, #0xffffff00 /* lpc23xx */     ldr r0, [r0]     add lr,pc,#4 .else     /* mc1322x seems to lack a VIC, distinction of IRQ has to be done in SW */     ldr r0, =isr /* mc1322x */ .endif

Running the code as distributed yields:

Board initialized. kernel_init(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2014.12-415-g1e6e-instant-contiki) kernel_init(): jumping into first task... #!undef abort at 0x1c00a0 (0x6809490E) originating from 0x400fe8

If I force assembly of the .else code, the code doesn't abort but only yields:

Board initialized. kernel_init(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2014.12-415-g1e6e-instant-contiki) kernel_init(): jumping into first task...

- Ralph

Hi Ralph,

a short update: I spent most of today’s afternoon to set up toolchain and additional tools again which didn’t left much time for testing.

I can confirm the latter problem the app yielding. I will continue investigation tomorrow. The first issue I couldn’t reproduce though.

I will keep you updated on my findings.

Best, Thomas

Hi Ralph,

a short update: I spent most of today’s afternoon to set up toolchain and additional tools again which didn’t left much time for testing.

Thanks a lot for looking into the problem...

I can confirm the latter problem the app yielding. I will continue investigation tomorrow.

OK.

The first issue I couldn’t reproduce though.

Seems that problem was related to the compiler. When I build with the 2008q3 compiler, the assembler flag is interpreted correctly and common.s is OK for the econotag.

- Ralph