Port to STM32F7

Hi everyone,

I am interested in using RTOS with an STM32F746NG Discovery (a board with an ARM Cortex M7), but it doesn't seem to be supported yet. Does anyone know if someone started working on this ?

Here is a link to the board I'm talking about : http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/LN1848/PF261641?sc=stm32f7-discovery

Thanks, Antoine.

Hi Antoine,

As far as I know, no one has started porting to this board, or to any other Cortex M7-based board yet.

However, it would be great to have support for this Discovery board (and initial M7 support).

Are you interested/willing to start porting?

The community usually turns out to be supportive of that type of efforts in various ways via exchanges on GitHub or discussions on this list or private exchanges spun out from such discussions.

Cheers

Emmanuel

Awesome!

I’m almost done with most off the non-it stuff (I hope). I have the board myself as well. So I would like to help in the near feature :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Nick

Hi,

this is not quite true, I have started to work on this some time ago [1], but don’t quite remember were I left of. But maybe this branch might give you a head start? Feel free to copy what you need!

Cheers, Hauke

[1]

Oops, did not remember that one. Thanks Hauke! Emmanuel

Hi,

I would be interested in contributing to the port, but it will not be entirely up to me as this would be part of a project at work, and we are going to decide very soon which board to use. How long do you think it would take to do such a port, considering I have never used RIOT before ?

@Nick : Good to know !

Cheers, Antoine.

Hej,

any contributions are welcome! Doing the acutal port should not take too long, as the code should be largely similar to the stm32f4 implementation. When you look at my branch, you probably notices that I basically only copied the f4… So it is basically a matter of adapting the code, step by step to the F7. I don’t think this should take more than a week, considering never having used RIOT.

let me know where you need help!

Cheers, Hauke

Hey,

We are probably going to choose this solution. The project should therefore start within 2 weeks. Yes I did start looking at your code and at the code for the F4, and it should indeed be very similar.

I will get back to you to let you know if I make some good progress or if I need any help. In the meantime, anyone interested in helping is more than welcome to contact me !

Cheers, Antoine.