Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board

Hi Babtiste,

great to hear you are interested in RIOT and welcome!

I put the developer list in CC, hope that’s ok.

From the core developers and maintainers currently nobody is actively working on this port because we’re

focusing on another platform (iot-lab_M3) for an event in the first week of November. After this the samr21 will get more attention again. AFAIK there are some more people working on this, maybe those could reply to this briefly with their current topic?

Feel free to choose a module, maybe let us know on one channel or an other which one you chose?

As a side note, I’m currently refactoring the at86rf231 radio driver which also the samr21 will profit from since its using a very similar device.

Best, Thomas

Hi Babtiste,

From the core developers and maintainers currently nobody is actively working on this port because we’re focusing on another platform (iot-lab_M3) for an event in the first week of November. After this the samr21 will get more attention again. AFAIK there are some more people working on this, maybe those could reply to this briefly with their current topic?

Feel free to choose a module, maybe let us know on one channel or an other which one you chose?

As a side note, I’m currently refactoring the at86rf231 radio driver which also the samr21 will profit from since its using a very similar device.

Do you have any time plan for the AT86RF refactoring? I was going to implement the platform specific parts of that driver for my Mulle platform port but I think I will hold off on that until the refactoring is completed to save myself some extra work.

Best regards, Joakim

Hi Babtiste,

From the core developers and maintainers currently nobody is actively working on this port because we’re focusing on another platform (iot-lab_M3) for an event in the first week of November. After this the samr21 will get more attention again. AFAIK there are some more people working on this, maybe those could reply to this briefly with their current topic?

We are also starting on the SAMD21 -- count us in on the effort. as of now exploring RIOT and have the SAMD21-XPRO blinking some LEDs.

-Akshay

Hi Joakim,

Do you have any time plan for the AT86RF refactoring? I was going to implement the platform specific parts of that driver for my Mulle platform port but I think I will hold off on that until the refactoring is completed to save myself some extra work.

Actually I’m almost done, it will take advantage of the extended operation mode features (e.g. hardware address filtering, auto-ack, …) and I adopted the new netdev interface. I’m doing some last testing and cleanup today and probably tomorrow.

The platform specific part is reduced to a very minimum already, you only have to define the SPI device and GPIOs. (compare boards/iot-lab_M3/include/board.h) Don’t think this will change anymore.

Best, Thomas