No hwtimer left

Hi

I am new to RIOT-OS and have been working through the tutorial found at http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/840499/RIOT-Tutorial . When I type “make all term” at the default examples I receive the error

No hwtimer left RIOT/examles/default/bin/native/default/elf: ltc4150_enable_int: hwtimer_set make: *** [term] Error 1

Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this?

Kind Regards Laura Martinus

Hi Laura, Can you tell us more about your system? Are you using Linux? BSD? OS X? Which version? Which toolchain? Are you using a VM or not? Emmanuel

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in VMware player

Hey,

RIOT Tutorial - CodeProject . When I type "make all term" at the default examples I receive the error

No hwtimer left RIOT/examles/default/bin/native/default/elf: ltc4150_enable_int: hwtimer_set make: *** [term] Error 1

Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this?

Try to comment out these lines from the Makefile (examples/default/Makefile) and recompile:

(they're lines 53 to 56 in master)

53 ifneq (,$(filter native,$(BOARD))) 54 › USEMODULE += ltc4150 55 › USEMODULE += random 56 endif

This will disable the emulation of an energy monitor chip, which you probably don't need.

The problem is cause by a recent switch to native that makes it effectively only have one "hwtimer" which is being used up be the software timer multiplexer ("vtimer"), and ltc4150's native driver hard-exiting when it cannot get a timer.

Kaspar

This causes undefined references in files such as main.c auto_init.c sc_ltc4150.c

I guess you should remove the auto-initialisation of the ltc4150 module as well from your main.c

so remove the following block from your main.c

#ifdef MODULE_LTC4150
	ltc4150_start();
#endif

Hey,

This solved my problem. Thank you :slight_smile: