MRF24J40 or SAMR21 (or AT86RF2xx) and FCC Certified Module

Hi all, I tumbled on this thread: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.riot.devel/1458 while looking for support for MRF24J40 in RIOT. What is the current state with SPI driver for this module - does it exits?

Actually, this module is quite nice, as it is FCC certified and not expensive.

Other solution would be probably using SAMR21, but I could not find any existing FCC certified module on the market. Is someone aware of some SAMR21 FCC CE certified module that can be used with RIOT in real-world project?

I am opened to suggestions for some other 6LoWPAN radio modules that are certified and that I can get on the market to integrate in my project.

Best regards, Drasko

Hello Drasko,

regarding the MRF24J20 there is a student who will start to implement a driver for this transceiver soon. We already have the hardware. However, I assume the support may take some more weeks.

Best, Peter

Hi Peter,

Hello Drasko,

regarding the MRF24J20 there is a student who will start to implement a driver for this transceiver soon. We already have the hardware. However, I assume the support may take some more weeks.

Great! Thanks for the info.

I'm not in the hurry, I am still in the phase of research and evaluation.

It is dissapointing however that apart from MRF24J20 there seem to be a lack of affordable 6LoWPAN FCC CE certified modules.

It is still not clear to me how the certification is done in the case of integrating SAMR21. Do we have to pass all the test for intentional radiator (7=10 days in the lab, around $10k-$30k), or only unintentional radiator tests should be enough?

Did anyone had experience in certifying 6LoWPAN devices?

BR, Drasko

Hi,

Hi all, I tumbled on this thread: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.riot.devel/1458 while looking for support for MRF24J40 in RIOT. What is the current state with SPI driver for this module - does it exits?

some members of the community do actually have access to that chip - though to my knowledge nobody started to implement a driver yet...

Actually, this module is quite nice, as it is FCC certified and not expensive.

Other solution would be probably using SAMR21, but I could not find any existing FCC certified module on the market. Is someone aware of some SAMR21 FCC CE certified module that can be used with RIOT in real-world project?

not sure, all we used so far are the samr21-xpro boards...

I am opened to suggestions for some other 6LoWPAN radio modules that are certified and that I can get on the market to integrate in my project.

I do not know about certification status of any available modules, maybe some else in the community?

Cheers, Hauke