module shell command

Hello everyone

I’m a RIOT new user and i’m teaching myself into building a custom module. I was wondering if there was a way to include my custom shell commands (module related commands) during auto-init with no involvment of the application using the module.

thanks folks

Hi Stephane,

in order to register your own commands (which is then accessible through the shell after auto_init) you have to do three things:

1. Add a handler for your shell command into a file under the directory sys/shell/commands. By convention you would call the file sc_.c (e.g. the command handler file for ps is called sc_ps.c).

2. Add two ifdefs in the file sys/shell/commands/shell_commands.c . One ifdef at the top of the file declaring your handler function from the previous step as extern. The ifdef would have the form: #ifdef MODULE_ extern int (int argc, char **argv); #endif

At the bottom of the file you need to add a second ifdef in the form:

#ifdef MODULE_ {"", “”, }, #endif

1. The last thing you need to do is to change the Makefile in sys/shell/commands Add a statement in the form: ifneq (,$(filter ,$(USEMODULE))) SRC += sc_.c endif

After this your commands will be available in the shell if you put both

USEMODULE += shell

and

USEMODULE +=

into your application Makefile.

Also: if you need some inspiration on how to write the shell handler take a look at the one for the mersenne module: sys/shell/commands/sc_mersenne.c

I hope this helps.

Best,

Philipp

2015-07-01 20:18 GMT+02:00 Stephane Kamga <kamga.stephane@gmail.com>:

Oh great I thought i did not have to mess with the schell_commands.c file.

Thanks for the quick answer

Hi Stephane,

in order to register your own commands (which is then accessible through the shell after auto_init) you have to do three things:

1. Add a handler for your shell command into a file under the directory sys/shell/commands. By convention you would call the file sc_.c (e.g. the command handler file for ps is called sc_ps.c).

2. Add two ifdefs in the file sys/shell/commands/shell_commands.c . One ifdef at the top of the file declaring your handler function from the previous step as extern. The ifdef would have the form: #ifdef MODULE_ extern int (int argc, char **argv); #endif

At the bottom of the file you need to add a second ifdef in the form:

#ifdef MODULE_ {"", “”, }, #endif

1. The last thing you need to do is to change the Makefile in sys/shell/commands Add a statement in the form: ifneq (,$(filter ,$(USEMODULE))) SRC += sc_.c endif

After this your commands will be available in the shell if you put both

USEMODULE += shell

and

USEMODULE +=

into your application Makefile.

Also: if you need some inspiration on how to write the shell handler take a look at the one for the mersenne module: sys/shell/commands/sc_mersenne.c

I hope this helps.

Best,

Philipp

2015-07-01 20:18 GMT+02:00 Stephane Kamga <kamga.stephane@gmail.com>: